How to support PTSD UK
Thank you so much for supporting PTSD UK – it means the world to have you on the team 🙂
There are however, lots of other ways to support the work we do – and most of them don’t cost you a single penny! Here are a few to inspire you!
- Facebook Fundraiser: These are a really public and popular fundraising option – simply log into Facebook and set up your fundraiser – it can be for an event or activity you are undertaking, or perhaps a birthday fundraiser. You can find out more here.
- Amazon Smile: Estimates put the number of things Amazon sells at 12 million. Apart from this huge choice, the online shopping giant is well known for its keen pricing. Though of course, having goods delivered to your door – often the next day – is a massive advantage too! To help our work – while you shop on Amazon – simply tap on the link above, and then on ‘Get Started’. The site will sign in existing Amazon account holders and register new ones. Then, you will be asked which charity you wish to support with this effortless fundraising initiative. That’s where you select PTSD UK! After that, each time you visit Amazon using the Amazon Smile address (simply go to smile.amazon.co.uk when you want to shop), and we get an automated 0.5% donation from the internet retailer. It really is something to smile about!
You can read more about this here.
- Selling on eBay: Sellers on eBay can donate between 5% and 100% of each item’s sale price to us. The PayPal Giving Fund will collect the donation you, as the seller, make, they’ll also claim Gift Aid (if eligible) and pass 100% the money on to PTSD UK. You can find out more on eBay’s Charity pages here.
- Online shopping: These options let you support charities at no cost to you – and you can access thousands of retailers through them: Easy Fundraising and Give as Your Live. Using the links above, simply visit our page on these websites, and click “Support this cause” or ‘Support us”. You will then be prompted to create an account. Once this initial set-up is done, you can access almost 5000 different websites to buy everything from Christmas gifts, your outfit of choice, to food for the big day and more! Every purchase you make with these many and varied online shops will trigger donations to us from those retailers for example you can raise up to:
- 2% donation from John Lewis
- 3% donation from Lego
- 2.5% donation from Boots
- 2% donation from Very
- 3% donation from Interflora
- 2.5% donation from Hotel Chocolat
Remember, it’s free to use and once you have an account it’s just a couple of extra clicks when you shop online.
- Send an eCard: Instead of sending birthday or Christmas cards in the post, you can send an eCard through dontsendmeacard.com. Not only will you be reducing your carbon footprint, but the platform encourages you to give what you would have spent on a card, and postage, to your charity of choice.
- Book a table: We’re proud to be featured on the #ChariTableBookings app & website! That means you can help raise funds to our cause by eating out. Don’t forget to choose PTSD UK to support when booking your table – 15% of EVERY booking made through CharitableBookings.com (in partnership with Booking.com) will be sent to PTSD UK!
- GAYE: Your employer can enable their employees to donate to their chosen charities direct from their salaries or pension with CAF Give As You Earn. The donations are taken out of salaries before tax is deducted from income, making it tax effective for staff. CAF Give As You Earn helps over 2,500 companies and 200,000 staff to give over £69 million simply, securely and tax effectively to charity each year.
- Changing your search engine: Everyclick donates £0.01p to PTSD UK for every 10 searches done on their site – so instead of using Google for your everyday internet searches, simply use their website and you’ll be helping to raise money! You can find out more here.
- Holiday Bookings: Supporters can raise huge donations for PTSD UK when they book their travel plans. Escape to the sun & simply book your guilt free holiday online with top retailers such as Expedia, booking.com, Thomas Cook, Hotels.com, TUI and LastMinute.com via GiveasyouLive and you’ll raise free funds for us!
- Grocery Shopping: Buy your Asda, M&S & Tesco store cards via GiveasyouLive and raise free funds for PTSD UK when you do your grocery shop!
Thank you so much for helping us support everyone with PTSD!
Hello! Did you find this information useful?
Please consider supporting PTSD UK with a donation to enable us to provide more information & resources to help us to support everyone affected by PTSD, no matter the trauma that caused it
PTSD UK Blog
You’ll find up-to-date news, research and information here along with some great tips to ease your PTSD in our blog.
Groundbreaking studies have revealed that yoga practice actually changes core physiology related to PTSD and C-PTSD and can clinically decrease the symptoms by syncing awareness of movement with breath. This has a profound impact on training our nervous systems and
Treatments for PTSD
It is possible for PTSD to be successfully treated many years after the traumatic event occurred, which means it is never too late to seek help. For some, the first step may be watchful waiting, then exploring therapeutic options such as individual or group therapy – but the main treatment options in the UK are psychological treatments such as Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprogramming (EMDR) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Traumatic events can be very difficult to come to terms with, but confronting and understanding your feelings and seeking professional help is often the only way of effectively treating PTSD. You can find out more in the links below, or here.