‘Searching’ for new ways to support PTSD UK!
Do you want to raise money for PTSD UK everyday for free?! Well you can, easily!
Everyclick donates £0.01p to PTSD UK for every 10 searches done on their site – so instead of using Google for your everyday internet searches, simply use their website and you’ll be helping to raise money! To date Everyclick has raised over £9 million for UK charities.
If every one of our 4000 Facebook fans used Everyclick, and searched for 10 things each day, the charity would raise £40 per day! That’s £1200 per month, and £14,400 per year! This would make a huge difference to the amount of people with PTSD we can reach out to.
Every penny raised helps us achieve our missions to help support everyone with PTSD, no matter the trauma that caused it – so please think about switching your search engine!
How to setup EveryClick on your computer
Simply go to https://www.everyclick.com and click ‘sign up’. Follow the instructions to create an account and when it comes to selecting the charity you want to raise funds for, simply type ‘PTSD UK’ in the search box, and press ‘select’ when you see our profile appear.
Each time you want to search, simply go to that same URL (https://www.everyclick.com) and use the ‘search web’ box. You’ll see a tally of how much you’ve raised over time in the top right side of the screen.
To make things easier, you can also change your ‘home’ screen of your browser to be your EveryClick page, this means everytime you open a new window or ta (depending on how you configure your settings) the page will appear ready for you to use! – you can follow the instructions below to do so.
To Set Your Homepage in Firefox
1. Click the menu button Menu and choose Preferences.
2. Click the Home panel.
3. Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose an option to enter https://www.everyclick.com as the default URL.
To Set Your Homepage in Safari
1. With Safari open, click the small settings icon at the top right of the browser window. It’s the one that looks like a gear.
2. Click Preferences or use the Ctrl+, (control key + comma) keyboard shortcut.
3. Make sure the General tab is selected.
4. Move down to the Homepage section.
5. Enter https://www.everyclick.com as the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
To Set Your Homepage in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click ‘More’ (shown by three vertical dots) then ‘Settings’.
- Under “On startup,” select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’. Click ‘Add a new page’. Enter https://www.everyclick.com as the web address and click ‘Add’.
To Set Your Homepage in Internet Explorer
- Open the Tools menu by clicking the gear icon and click ‘Internet Options’.
- Type https://www.everyclick.com in the Home Page section to use it as your home page.
Funds are generated by Everyclick users in a number of ways; searching the web, shopping online with Give as you Live, making online donations and collecting sponsorship – and if you have chosen to use these services for PTSD UK, then a massive thank you from us all at PTSD UK.
Purple Tinged Skin Discolouration PTSD UK supporter Mel, has written this incredibly powerful poem ‘Purple Tinged Skin Discolouration’ – many people feel that there would be less stigma, or more understanding if PTSD was a physical condition that people could
Counselling and Talking therapies for PTSD Talking therapies have been increasingly used in recent years, as people explore the best ways to tackle depression and anxiety. According to NHS figures, 1.6m people were referred for talking therapy in 2018-19, a