PTSD UK has launched a competition to find 12 stunning images for our 2019 calendar – and we need YOUR photos please!
The 2019 calendar theme is our motto, ‘Tomorrow CAN be a new day’, so we’re looking for your photographs, which demonstrate the attributes this brings: Hope, Strength, and Courage (or anything else it means to you).
Perhaps it’s an amazing sunrise over a beautiful landscape, maybe the look of fearlessness on the face of a loved one as they achieve the ‘impossible’, or even a beautiful plant amongst the dirt surviving against all the odds. Whatever your interpretation, you’re in with a chance of featuring in our very first calendar for 2019 which will help raise vital funds for PTSD UK!
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges at PTSD UK based on their originality, interpretation and visual impact.
The 12 best entries will feature in our 2019 calendar; and winners will each receive one free copy.
The top prize winners will receive Amazon gift vouchers, and be determined by our supporters via a Facebook vote (First place receives £100, second place received £50 and third place received £25).
The 2019 calendar will be available to purchase from November via the charity’s online shop with all proceeds going directly to support everyone affected by PTSD in the UK.
Who can enter?
Everyone is welcome to enter the competition whether amateur or professional (except those directly involved in PTSD UK and judging). You can enter as many photographs as you want.
You can enter black and white or coloured images. You can enter as many images as you want.
Size & Format
Entries MUST be submitted as a digital image by email. If you do not have a digital camera, scanned images are acceptable. We cannot accept transparencies or negatives. Images must be saved as JPEGS on the highest setting at a resolution of 4 megapixels or above so they are suitable for enlarging. Due to the nature of the calendar, landscape images are preferred.
Digital manipulation may be used to optimise an image as required. We will not accept composite images, from more than one original image or images stitched to form a panoramic image. Please do not add any watermarks or words to your photo.
Identifying your entry
Each entry must have the following information marked in the image filename:
- Your name
- Title of photo
e.g. John Smith Sunrise
Multiple entries may be submitted but please send one e-mail per picture.
How to enter
Please email your entries to email@example.com by midnight on Friday 12th October 2018.
In your email, please provide your name, location, and some information about your photograph:
- Where was it taken?
- How does this photograph demonstrate ‘Tomorrow CAN be a new day’ to you?
Notification of Finalist and Winner
The 12 finalists will be announced on Facebook and our website on 15th October 2018. At this stage, the public will be invited to vote for their favourite to determine the Grand Prize and second and third place winners.
The prize winners will be determined by the highest number of ‘likes’ on the Facebook images as of 8pm on 1st November 2018.
The final Grand Prize winner will be announced on Facebook and our website on 2nd November 2018.
The finalists for the competition will be selected from all valid entries by the PTSD UK judges whose decision is final.
PTSD UK Photo competition general rules
By submitting an entry, you agree to be legally bound by the rules and terms and conditions of the competition.
- The competition is open to UK residents only (including residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man).
- Entrants under the age of 18 years need to have parental or guardian consent to enter. Parents/guardians agree to the competition rules, terms and conditions as set out herein on behalf of the entrant.
- The competition is free to enter..
- Entrants must include in their email their name, address and contact telephone number.
- The competition closes at midnight on Friday 12th October 2018. Entries received after this date and time will not be considered. Any entry that is late, incomplete or inappropriate will be deemed invalid at the discretion of PTSD UK.
- PTSD UK accepts no responsibility for any technical failure, malfunction or of any other kind, which may result in any entry being lost, corrupted, not properly recorded or delayed.
- PTSD UK accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost or corrupted during upload.
- The judges shall assess the entries and twelve finalists will be selected to be included in the calendar and a grand, second and third place prize will be awarded to the winning photographs (decided by a Facebook public vote). The judges’ decisions shall be final. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided.
- Pictures must not have been published in any other calendar or similar publication.
- By submitting an entry, you agree PTSD UK may use the material for any purpose and in any way it chooses, including, but not limited to, marketing, publicity, advertising and presentations.
- Any contribution must be your own original work, it must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- If your contribution features other people who are recognisable, you are responsible for ensuring that you have their permission for the contribution to be treated according to the uses set out above. Contributions featuring children under 18 can only be accepted if you are the parent or guardian; by accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are the parent or guardian and that you grant permission for the contribution to be treated according to the uses set out above.
Terms and conditions
- The twelve finalists will have their image featured in the 2019 PTSD UK calendar and will receive a copy within 30 days of product launch. They will receive a notification by email within 30 days of the closing date.
- The top three winners shall receive one of the prizes below (depending on their place):
- Grand Prize winner: £100 Amazon Voucher
- Second place prize: £50 Amazon voucher
- Third place prize: £25 Amazon Voucher
- The prize winners will be determined by the highest number of ‘likes’ on the Facebook images as of 8pm on 1st November 2018. In the event of one or more of the images having the same number of ‘likes’ PTSD UK will make the casting vote.
- All twelve winners, including the top three winners, must respond within 14 days from the notification from PTSD UK that they have been selected with any information requested. If they have not responded within 14 days, with this information, they will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected from other entrants.
- The results, winners’ names and city/county will be published on the PTSD UK website and social media channels. Selected photos will be featured in PTSD UK calendar 2019.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- PTSD UK reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if necessary.
- PTSD UK reserves the right to refuse entry or to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of the rules or the terms and conditions or the spirit of the rules or the terms and conditions.
- PTSD UK may retain your contribution and may choose to display your entry on our website. PTSD UK may also publish your contribution in other media; where possible we will approach you directly to confirm your permission for publication. PTSD UK reserves the right to remove contributions that it considers to be contrary to the spirit of the terms and conditions of submission, including submissions it considers to be objectionable or that violate copyright. PTSD UK reserves the right to edit and alter submissions.
- Publication of your contribution will be at PTSD UK’s sole discretion.
- PTSD UK reserves the right to edit, adapt, move or delete any contribution accepted. We will try to credit authors where possible, but may not always do so.
- Save as expressly provided for in these terms, neither PTSD UK shall be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or for any costs, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of the use of your contribution or any part thereof.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, PTSD UK (including its subsidiaries, agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree to indemnify PTSD UK (and its subsidiaries) against any claim from any third party for any breach of the rules or these terms and conditions.
- The rules and terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and PTSD UK concerning your contribution to “PTSD UK Calendar 2019”. PTSD UK reserves the right to update these terms and conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.
- This competition is governed by Scottish law and Scottish Courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the competition, which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media. You agree that your personal data may be used for this purpose.
- For the avoidance of doubt, by submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your entry have given you their express consent for their image, voice or other details to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).